Satellite and Analogue

Wiring and connecting Telephone sockets, TV Aerials and other 'data' wiring

Satellite and Analogue

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:15 pm

I have bought a triplexer socket for my front room so that I can receive satellite, tv and FM signals. The triplexer unit only needs a single cable in.

This means I need to install the gadget (probably in my loft) that receives sat, TV and FM signals separately (3 inputs) and sends the combined signal down a single cable (1 output) to the triplexer unit. What is the gadget called and where can I buy one?


Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:23 pm

Re: Satellite and Analogue

Postby Paul McNamara » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:37 am

It is called a multiplexer - but you need to get the correct one for satellite as there is a power feed up the cable to the LNB.

Paul McNamara
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:50 am

Return to Telephone, TV wiring etc




© Copyright 2013
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy