no hot water out of taps

Plumbing covering hot and cold domestic systems, drainage and related topics

no hot water out of taps

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:14 pm

all of my radiators are hot but i am getting no hot water out of the taps. I have tried bleeding the radiators but still have no hot water PLEASE HELP.
Michael

Re: no hot water out of taps

Postby Twizzel » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:33 am

hi,First, radiators have nothing to do with hot water from your taps. do you have a combe boiler or a system boiler, ie combe boiler fires up when you run hot water. a system boiler you have stored hot water in a cupboard.
Twizzel

Postby John Gallon » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:52 am

Hi Michael,
What type of system do you have? combi, fully pumped or gravity for the tap hot water. Do you mean no water at all or that the hot taps run cold? With a combi it could be a faulty pressure switch,if fully pumped have you checked the diverter valve is working, with gravity hot water has the shut off valve been turned off near the hot water cylinder or is the ball valve blocked in the cold storage tank? Bleeding the rads. should make no difference to the hot water in the taps,

I hope this helps, John
John Gallon

Postby Sheldon » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:29 am

Hi i have the same problem.... Radiators are red hot??? but no hot water from the tap?? the waters not really cold, like it is from the Cold tap.... its as if its tried for a few minutes and give up?

its a gravity system (tank in attic)

weird thing is, i turned the main Stop tap off and drained both Cold and HOT completely then refilled em and the water got hot that night, even had a bath :) day after freezing again.

ive done this a few times now... but its getting a joke, i shouldn't have to come home from work and drain it all, so i can have a warm bath!!

any ideas?
Sheldon

Postby Neil » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:31 pm

got a tank stat on the system ?
ie on hot water tank
Neil

Postby Sheldon » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:53 pm

sorry for the long delay in answering... been working away

What's a stat?
Sheldon

Postby Sheldon » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:45 pm

ahh thermoSTAT

Doh!!

i don't know, why is that what happens when the thermostats faulty ?
Sheldon

Postby Tim » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:04 pm

i've got a similar problem,
The hot water worked fine but our rads were cold downstairs, so we drained the system several times to remove sludge from the rads then balanced the rads, now they work perfect but the hot water just runs cold from the hot water taps, what could cause this, if its an airlock in the water pipes how do i remove it??, its a system boiler i think (hot water tank in the airing cupboard right)
it just seems weird if the rads & hot water run on separate pipes why has it stopped working.
thanks in advance.
Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:11 pm

hot water heated by pipes running through boiler to a coil in hot water tank, these pipes get their water from the same header/expansion tank as the central heating but are separate pipes unless they mix in the boiler, these pipes are only getting hot for about 1 foot up the piping.
Tim

Postby joe » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:58 pm

sorry to butt in on this problem, but I have just a trickle of water coming out of the bathroom hot tap, but hot water running from all others in the house.

what could that be?
joe

Next

Return to Plumbing

---------------------------------

© Copyright 2013 diydata.net
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy