Condensation on double glazed units

Problems with condensation and damp around the house

Condensation on double glazed units

Postby Neil Thain » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:33 am

Hi, we are window installers and we fit the very best double glazed units for our customers but some customers come back and say they are getting unacceptable amounts of condensation on the glass, the windows are vented etc, when I ask the suppliers of the glass they say its moist air particles condensing on the colder surface i.e the glass, yes I know this but how can I help my customers by getting rid of it. I look forward to hearing from people with the same problem. Or people who have had double glazing fitted and are experiencing condensation.
Neil Thain

Re: Condensation on double glazed units

Postby barrie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:03 am

can't really be helped in winter.as you have been told
moist air particals condensing on the colder surface. steam from hot water when having a bath or shower or just running hot water tap will do this in the winter. we had trouble with this and bought a dehumidifier and this stopped 90percent of it - i know you can't really tell your customers to go out and buy one but you could just explain why this is happening
some people put salt in a container on the window cill - does stop some, as the salt will soak up the moist that's in the air.
barrie

Re: Condensation on double glazed units

Postby BobbyJoe » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:28 pm

With a surveyor in the family, he always advises a constant level of heating and ventilation to help prevent condensation. It's a case of experimenting to get the balance right. I think we all experience condensation on the windows, particularly during the winter months.
BobbyJoe

Return to Condensation and Damp etc

---------------------------------

© Copyright 2013 diydata.net
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy