Hot water solar panels

Loft, wall and other types of insulation and energy related topics

Hot water solar panels

Postby Andy » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:56 am

Has anyone had any experience with these solar hot water panels?
Any good or bad points or experiences would be appreciated as I can only find sales information on the net which is somewhat one sided in favor of them!

Cheers, Andy
Andy

Re: Hot water solar panels

Postby Sav » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi.
I was researching these recently and found this page which was pretty helpful:
http://www.simplifydiy.com/energy-effic ... anel-types
It gives the general pros and cons, and I came to the conclusion that saving 15% of my gas bill will involve some considerable 'pay back' period, given the cost of the panels in the first place. That, and I've not long ago fitted a new combi boiler, which it turns out will need to be fiddled with.

I'd be interested to see what conclusions you come to.
Sav

Postby Paul » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:59 pm

I don't have any experience of these, but as energy prices have become more ridiculous everyday I have started to become very interested in it and I came across www.navitron.org.uk which I found a very informative site. Hope this could be of help to you.
Best of luck
Paul

Postby Peter » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:31 pm

We had hot water solar panels fitted in February this year and have not regretted it at all. We have barely used the gas all summer. Even on cooler cloudy days we need to use the gas for only 10 minutes to give a piping hot tank which supplies the needs for a family of four. This would have taken 45 minutes without the panels. It cost us £3000 from ecowarm and with gas prices soaring the payback period will be 5 years. Its also very satisfying to **** a snoop at the gas companies. Go for it!
Peter

Postby Andy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:54 pm

thanks for your replies,
I think it is the way we are going to go. I will post when the deed is done,
thanks again, Andy
Andy

Return to Insulation and energy topics

---------------------------------

© Copyright 2013 diydata.net
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy