Concrete floor insulation

Loft, wall and other types of insulation and energy related topics

Concrete floor insulation

Postby Simon » Thu May 25, 2006 1:27 pm

I'm planning a garage conversion, the garage is integrated in to the front of the house, the existing floor is slopping from the rear of the garage nearest the house to the front. The difference at the rear of the garage to the existing house floor level is 90mm & 150mm at the front. I want to avoid the expense & hassle of digging up & relaying so the question is how do I achieve the 0.25 U value building regs. requirements with regards to the insulation in the floor with only 90mm at one end to include insulation material & concrete / screed?
The garage floor measures 4.8m x 2.3m

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Simon
Simon

Re: Concrete floor insulation

Postby Dave » Thu May 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Kingspan have a product that is a insulation with chipboard bonded to the top face. you can also use products from celotex that might help. Are you planning to build up the existing garage door? If can lay a screed over the top of the existing concrete floor to level it off. Also do you know if your existing garage has a DPM under the floor slab?
Dave

Re: Concrete floor insulation

Postby Simon » Fri May 26, 2006 9:27 am

Thanks for the reply Dave,

Sorry bit confused about the purpose of the insulation bonded to chipboard. Do you know the name of this product & what thicknesses it comes in as I only have 90mm total to include both the insulation & the concrete floor.
I have mailed Kingspan about a month ago to seek their advice but they aren't exactly speedy with their replies.
I am planning to brick up the door & put as window in it.
I pretty sure the existing floor slab has a DPM
Simon

Return to Insulation and energy topics

---------------------------------

© Copyright 2013 diydata.net
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy