Door draught excluder

Loft, wall and other types of insulation and energy related topics

Door draught excluder

Postby justin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:05 am

Hello,

I'm looking for a draught excluder that will work for an internal door that opens over an upward slope....

A brush strip won't work because it stops the door opening fully. I've seen these draught excluders on Victorian doors - the draught excluder is attached to the door and is lifted clear of the floor when the door is opened and then comes down again when the door is shut. A cam on the door jam activates the excluder to move up and down. I've found a modern version that is made by Raven Seals (www.ravenseals.com) but can't find anybody selling this online. Does anybody know where I can buy one online?

Thanks,

Justin
justin

Re: Door draught excluder

Postby justin » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:36 am

I'll try on Monday, but they list retailer an there's nobody selling online or near me. Just thought that more than one company might make these things and somebody might know where to get them online...
justin

Re: Door draught excluder

Postby Paul McNamara » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:56 am

Justin,

Since you have found a suitable item on the Raven Seals website, why don't you contact them directly and ask!

Paul
Paul McNamara

Return to Insulation and energy topics

---------------------------------

© Copyright 2013 diydata.net
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy