Replacing integral dishwasher door

Fitting, repairing and problems with washing machines, dish washers, cookers etc

Replacing integral dishwasher door

Postby James BB » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:49 pm

Hi all, hope one of you can help.

I am redoing a kitchen and want to reuse a Candy DWI 160 dishwasher. I need to change the door front to match the new kitchen and can't get the old one off. I have removed virtually every screw on the thing and still the door is stuck on. I have successfully changed the door on the integral fridge which is fitted with a kind of peg and socket arrangement, but the Candy fixing seems to be different. Ideas??
James BB

Re: Replacing integral dishwasher door

Postby Bill Peach » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:40 am

Is it worth using Google or Yahoo to search for the model of washer. You may be able to download the door fitting instructions.

Secondly, a lot of these units do use double sided sticky pads + screws - can you see any? if so you can dissolve the adhesive with lighter fuel (petrol not gas) without damaging the unit.
Finally my dishwasher door required it to be pushed onto steel pegs and then slid down to lock. It might be worth trying to slide the door up, when its partially open.
Bill Peach

Postby James BB » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:38 am

Thanks Bill,

I have tried all sorts of moves up, down, left, right, forward, none seem to work. I thought it might be glued, but there is just a little give in each direction, which would imply that it is not glued on.

I did the usual internet search, but came up with nothing. I have even searched E-bay to look at units on sale - they all seem to have different mounting methods and none seem to match the Candy

My next move is to phone Candy Customer Support, but previous experience leads me to think that this won't be successful.

James
James BB

Postby Bill Peach » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Can't give anymore suggestions but there must be a way. It went on so it must come off.
Bill Peach

Postby James BB » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:22 am

I sorted it!

For anybody else who needs to know, this is how it fits on. There are 2 plastic strips screwed securely to the back of the wooden cabinet door. At the bottom of these strips there is a plastic channel/lug, a bit like a hinge that slots into the bottom of the dishwasher door and 2 plastic lugs that fit into the side of the dishy door.

To remove the door, remove the screws holding the plastic strip to the side of the dishy door. Pull the top of these strips outwards to the point that you think they are going to break (which is why it took me so long to try) and the pegs pop out allowing the top of the cabinet door to move forwards. You then pull it upwards to disengage the bottom lugs.
James BB

Return to Appliances

---------------------------------

© Copyright 2013 diydata.net
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy