Insulation between freezer and oven

Fitting, repairing and problems with washing machines, dish washers, cookers etc

Insulation between freezer and oven

Postby Sue Limb » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:44 pm

I have to position my freezer next to my oven (both under work surface size.) There is a gap of approximately two inches between the appliances. Is there any material, or insulating panel, that I could use to protect the freezer from the oven, and if so, would it look OK? Is it necessary to do this anyway or are all modern appliances adequately insulated in any case? The oven will be a new Neff with an "A" rating.
Sue Limb

Re: Insulation between freezer and oven

Postby Bespoke » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:04 pm

As the commercial says; every little helps.

I would put a single sheet of cavity wall insulation between the two appliances these are usually foil wrapped so all you will need to do is put a facing timber on the front exposed edge. These can be obtained from any good builders merchants.

Cut the insulation board to a width of 525 / 530 and a height so it is a snug fit between the floor and the underside of the worktop. ( so it will hold in place by its self ).

Glue the facing timber ( 50 x 20 ) on the front edge of the insulation board, this timber can be finished to suit your general decoration.

Bespoke
Bespoke

Return to Appliances

---------------------------------

© Copyright 2013 diydata.net
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy