combi boiler

Plumbing covering hot and cold domestic systems, drainage and related topics

combi boiler

Postby David » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi I'm looking to change my existing system boiler to a gas combi boiler. I wont be doing it myself but to save a bit of money i will be providing the boiler. I have been told by a couple of people to look at the Worcester Bosch range but are not sure which boiler and size will be the best. i have a small 3 bedroom semi detached house. i also plan to do up my bathroom shortly i have an electric shower but the flow rate is not great i had planned to add a new shower fed from the new combi boiler. Will the new shower need a pump if it is fed from the boiler? has anyone had any problems with flow rate when the dishwasher is on the another toilet etc has been flushed when the shower is on? any advice would be much appreciated. thanks
David

Re: combi boiler

Postby Andy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:44 pm

David,

You can't fit a shower pump with a combi boiler. Also, when you buy a new shower make sure it's combi compatible.
I have a Potterton combi with a thermostatic Bristan shower. The only issue with water flow that I experience is when a hot tap is turned on elsewhere in the house. This slows the shower down to a trickle. It's irritating but have lived with it for last 7 years. No issues with flushing toilets, dishwasher etc.
Andy
Andy

Re: combi boiler

Postby David » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm

thank for your advice
David

Return to Plumbing

---------------------------------

© Copyright 2013 diydata.net
Reproduction of any content on this website is strictly forbidden. - Privacy Policy